Framptons, an independent café, bar and kitchen company, reopened two of its locations last month, following a six-figure loan from HSBC UK through the Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme (CBILS).
Framptons has three locations across the south of England – in Tunbridge Wells, the New Forest and Bath, and prides itself on working with local suppliers and using fresh,seasonal ingredients.
HSBC UK supported Framptons with the six-figure funding to help protect 47 jobs and allow the business to continue paying its suppliers and rent after income stopped overnight at the start of lockdown. The company has been focussed on adapting its business operations to make sure they could reopen safely. On Saturday 4th July, Framptons locations in Tunbridge Wells and the New Forest reopened, with its Bath location set to restart operations in line with the city’s first Premiership Rugby match – a key driver of customers to the restaurant.
Tom Walker, Director of Framptons Café Bars Ltd, commented: “We’re very grateful for HSBC UK’s support during this period. Framptons has faced unprecedented challenges in recent months but the CBILS loan has helped us protect our sites and ensure they were in a stronger position to reopen once the time was right. We’re seeing more of our regular customers return and we’re now feeling more confident about our business’s future and look forward to reopening in Bath soon.”
Framptons has also used the funding from HSBC UK to develop new safety measures to meet social distancing guidelines. These include having a maître d’ to greet guests and help collect track and trace contact details; implementing enhanced cleaning routines every hour; and purchasing hand sanitiser for staff and customers.
Andrew Steer, Head of Business Banking in Sussex and Surrey, HSBC UK, added: “We’ve enjoyed working with the team at Framptons and watching the business grow into a fantastic trio of independent restaurants, much-loved by their local communities. The team were pleased to support the business further during this difficult time and it’s great to see them opening once again.”
HSBC UK is working closely with the Government and UK Finance to identify emerging issues and make sure customers and businesses have the advice and support they need. For tips and advice for businesses around planning for any possible disruption, visit www.business.hsbc.com/novel-coronavirus.
HSBC UK has already announced the following measures for its business customers:
● Launched BBLS, CBILS, CLBILS and CCFF
● Allocated £5bn to help businesses that need support
● Removed the £100 Small Business Loan fee to relieve the pressure faced by SMEs across the country
● Removed informal overdraft fees – As of 1st April we will no longer apply any Informal Overdraft fees
● Offering repayment holidays to free up cash within businesses
● Stopped all unauthorised overdraft charges
● Reviewing overdrafts or trade loans to allow stock to be held for longer
● Offering companies involved in the supply and manufacture of ventilators preferential pricing, extended repayment terms on loans and fast track approval times to support the unprecedented demand on UK hospitals.
● We have also extended that support to customers that can give immediate help to essential public services and vulnerable people. We are contacting clients involved in the manufacture and supply of Personal Protective Equipment to offer preferential finance and, where possible, the direct purchase of supplies and equipment for essential public services.
● We will also offer similar terms to clients involved in the wholesale of food.
● Our relationship managers have been proactively contacting customers to see what help their businesses need.
● We’ve launched a coronavirus helpline to support any customer queries and a dedicated coronavirus hub on our website.
● For businesses trading internationally:
– £3bn to importers and exporters that need additional support
– pre-approved 60-day extensions on trade loans for customers with a sound trade loan/financing record
– a one-hour turnaround on the issuance of Shipping Guarantees, enabling customers to transfer or receive goods from their counterparty faster
– a dedicated helpline that connects directly with trade finance specialists (0800 783 1300, open 9am – 5pm Monday to Friday), in addition to the support being offered by relationship managers